- Indiana University’s School of Global and International Studies is one of many schools to partner with Mentor Collective to provide support within the direct admit community through mentorship
- Mentor Collective matches incoming SGIS Direct Admit students with a trained mentor based on common interests, background and academics
- Mentors are highly qualified SGIS and Indiana University alumni
- MC mentorships involve meeting at least once per month, usually via video chat
What is the Mentor Collective @ Indiana University SGIS?
What kinds of questions do mentors and mentees talk about?
- “What are people like at SGIS and IU? Where are good places to eat and buy things I need?”
- “How can I set myself up for global academic and career success?”
- “Where is the best place to live? How do I find a roommate?”
- “How can I balance the demands of school with family relationships?”