Our New Home
A State-of-the-Art Environment for Global Learning and Research
The new Global and International Studies Building, designed by the architectural firm Ennead Architects, brings together Indiana University’s highly ranked language, area studies, and international studies programs into a new state-of-the-art facility that provides an interdisciplinary academic home for the School of Global and International Studies. The design for the GISB incorporates a sustainable strategy and building principles consistent with LEED certification benchmarks.
The $53 million dollar, 165,000-square-foot facility features:
- 150-seat lecture hall
- More than 30 classrooms and collaborative spaces
- Support space for 10 academic departments
- Multiple research and language resource centers
- A three-story enclosed atrium connecting two limestone-clad wings, which will be able to double as an event and function space
- State-of-the-art building systems and communication technology tools
- Beautifully landscaped exterior grounds, plaza, and meeting terrace
- 350 contemporary faculty offices
The GISB is located at the eastern edge of IU Bloomington’s historic campus, between the Wells Library and the Radio-TV Building.